Search This Blog

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Sweet Potato Experiment Continues

Last fall we had the greatest tasting sweet potatoes ever.  The variety was Beauregard, planted in July and dug up on Thanks Giving Day.  This spring I planted more sweet potatoes.  The variety is unknown. planted a different time of year, in different soil.  They did not taste as good as last year's.  Then I read about "Curing" sweet potatoes and wrote about it in a previous post.  We cured the SPs in the shed for a few weeks.   The taste definitely improved.  Unfortunately the taste was no where near last year's.  I planted more Beauregard's in late spring.  We will see if it is the variety.  I planted the unknown variety in July using the original soil mix from last fall.  We what tastes better.  This will teach me to experiment with unknown varieties of vegetables.  It was a free extra SP from some store.  I love experiments.

No comments:

Post a Comment