Search This Blog

Sunday, March 9, 2014

My Current Use for Wine Corks

I have far too many leftover wine corks. In my defense I have not uncorked them all, some people give me theirs. I tried using them as mulch in one of my raised beds, but did not like the results. They were not very effective at keeping the weeds down and generally just got in the way. I removed them after a year or so. My latest and better use is to use them like crockery in the bottom of plant pots. We have all had the experience of having a good sized pot and needing to put some drainage material in the bottom before adding dirt. Rocks, gravel, and potsherds really make a big pot heavy. Corks work really well to allow drainage and are not nearly so heavy.  Yea! Let's hear it for leftover wine corks.

No comments:

Post a Comment